Makeup Monday! A CoverGirl Review
I received the SmokeyShadowBlast and the ShineBlast lipgloss for free from BzzAgent.com, where I regularly receive free products to review and evaluate. Yeah, it’s a really hard job, but someone has to review beauty products! This blog presents my honest opinion and I was not compensated (other than the free product) for giving a good or bad review. I purchased the LashBlastLuxe mascara on my own, but the final look needed mascara!
CoverGirl’s SmokeyShadowBlast eyeshadow (in Silver Sky, the tube on the right), ShineBlast (in Aglow, lip gloss on the left) and LashBlastLuxe mascara.
(You can find these products at the CoverGirl website or by just clicking on the picture)
The Naked Eyes
Step One – all over color
I put the color primarily on my eyelids and then lightly up to my brow bone. For a more dramatic look, the color can also be applied under the lower lid as well.
Step 2 – Line and Define
The darker side of the applicator has a pointed edge to get into the crease of the eyelid and along the lash line. Again, for a more dramatic look, you can apply the color under the lower lashes.
Step 3: LashBlast Luxe Mascara
I probably should have curled my lashes before… I don’t know what it is but I have awesome curly hair on my head, but the straightest lashes ever!
The Completed Look with ShineBlast lipgloss
I realize that I did a very light application, but with this particular color (Silver Sky), it looks like I have a black eye if I go really dark (or perhaps this is just because I so rarely wear eye makeup).
What I love:
- The SmokeyShadowBlast is SUPER easy to put on in a hurry. Because it’s the smokey look, I’m not too concerned about straight lines and all that. This is a huge plus when applying makeup while trying to breastfeed (or blog, or read, or cook dinner, or whatever else I’m trying to multitask at the time).
- The ShadowBlast tube is thin and requires no extra equipment (brushes), so can go right in my purse next to the lipgloss (so long as I keep said purse away from my makeup-stealing 2-year-old).
- The feel of the lipgloss. The applicator is soft and springy and the gloss itself is really light (you know how some glosses get sticky? this one totally doesn’t).
What I don’t love:
- Perhaps because I live in Arizona where the heat melts everything, or perhaps because of a design flaw, the eye makeup creases really fast. I don’t normally wear foundation, but in order to get this stuff to stay where I put it, I have to put some foundation with a bit of powder on before application. It’s kind of annoying.
- The pointed edge of the darker shadow was pretty much gone after the first few times I used it (and I wasn’t pressing very hard at all).
- The lip gloss is almost too light, but I think I can just get a darker color (with my own money).
- I still don’t look like Drew Barrymore when I’m done. =P
So there you have it! A product review with pictures! Tell me your thoughts: have you tried any of these products? What did you think? Which would you want to try?